Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Welcome to and bread!

and bread is the result of a childhood dream. I always hoped to one day own my own restaurant or bakery. My husband and I sometimes contemplate what life would be like if that dream were to ever become a reality. One day he semi-jokingly told me that he would like to open a sandwich shop (his love for sandwiches is surpassed by none) and call it “Meat and Cheese.” I quickly remarked that I would open a bakery next to “Meat and Cheese” and call it “and bread.” As for now these physical establishments remain dreams, but and bread now has roots.


What you can expect: and bread is dedicated to all things food. From baking and cooking, to amazing new restaurants finds, dinner parties, nutrition and more, and bread is for anyone who enjoys a good meal. Whether you are a novice cook, long time executive chef, or just a foodie at heart, and bread was made for you. Here you will find recipes ranging from homemade cupcakes, mouth watering Kansas City barbeque, to simple summer salads. I will keep you updated on any new restaurants I find in various cities, thoughts on trendy cookbooks or non-fiction culinary pieces, my favorite go to snacks, nutrition and so much more. Please feel free to share your thoughts or start up a discussion with other readers. I hope you enjoy all that and bread has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. LF. SO excited to follow the blog in full. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what i'm seeing so far. You never cease to amaze me. CB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CB! I am really glad that you are liking it. Can't wait to see you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete